There are highs and lows with everything.
Thankfully, with high quality James Hardie exterior you’re getting a combination of good looks, durability and lower maintenance not found in other types of siding and trim.
When it comes time to clad your home, go with hardworking, lasting products that will stand the test of time. You will also need James Hardie certified installer like Schmidt Exteriors.
Here’s a closer look at why this durable siding and trim last for years:
What makes James Hardie building materials high quality?
- They’re durable. James Hardie’s durable fiber cement formulation is engineered to help withstand rot and damage from insects and pests.
- They’re fire resistant. In the unfortunate case of a fire, fiber cement siding and trim can help slow down the progress of the flames and help protect the structure of your house (James Hardie siding is rated as an ASTM E136 non-combustible cladding).
- They’re storm resistant. Whether you’re looking for a siding material that can withstand a blizzard, or one that can fend off a summer heat wave, James Hardie’s fiber cement siding is formulated with your region’s climate in mind.
- They have distinctive design. James Hardie siding and trim products have the appearance of traditional wood cladding all in a refreshed palette of colors made exclusively to reflect the taste and styles of homeowners.
Why are James Hardie building materials lower maintenance?
- They’re easy to clean. When it comes to removing dirt and debris from your James Hardie siding and trim, you won’t need a pressure washer. Every 6 to 12 months, get out the garden hose. For stubborn dirt or stains, a mild detergent and a soft brush may be used.
- It looks newer, longer. James Hardie engineers created ColorPlus® Technology exclusively for its products—it’s a baked-on color process that helps prevent fading, chipping and cracking. That means your home siding and trim will look fresh and bold with less maintenance.
If you want a home exterior that holds its look for years, go with James Hardie’s high quality, lower maintenance products with ColorPlus Technology. It’s an easy choice—let the siding and trim do the hard work.